Thursday, September 4, 2008

Look what I can do!



Last Friday, I put Ben down on his tummy on a spot of carpet near where the family room carpeting ends and the vinyl kitchen floor begins and went upstairs to take care of some things while Ralph watched him. A few minutes later, Ralph yelled up to me that I should come see what my son had done. He was 10 feet from where I left him, tangled up in the legs of the chairs under the kitchen table. Ralph informed me that Ben somehow made his way onto the smooth kitchen floor and discovered how to scoot himself around on his belly. I'm sure it was close to happening anyway, but something about the friction of his bare feet on the kitchen floor combined with the lack of friction of his clothes on the smooth surface made everything click and he was purposefully mobile! Ralph traced Ben's path from the living room into and around the kitchen, and under the table. He caught on quickly! The video above was taken only 1 week from his initial voyage. I thought it was bad when he was rolling himself everywhere--now I can't seem to keep up with him! He definitely likes being able to direct where he's heading, and always goes straight for the dog dishes we have both upstairs and downstairs. And so the mischief begins... Thank heaven for port-a-cribs, Exersaucers and doors that shut!

No comments: